Job Description for: Disaster Recovery Team lead
TLinked LLC has a current opening for Disaster Recovery Team lead. We promote a strong employee-focused corporate culture that provides a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their contributions and we all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
· Active Secret/Top Clearance required
· US citizenship required
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure CA/CST services remain operational and highly available to execute its mission in support of Embassies, Consulates, Passport Agencies and Centers.
- Provide a robust and proven disaster recovery capability to support the DR requirement.
- Develop, manage, and provide support for the enterprise DR program for the CA IT network.
- Support current redundancy both within the primary data center at ESOC/West (referred to as “2N”) and at a separate DR data center (Modular Data Center) to enable recovery of critical applications, databases and services as needed.
- Develop recovery options for domestic Consular offices and overseas posts to ensure the DR Plan encompasses the full enterprise.
- Complete and maintain the CA 2N and DR capabilities to provide continuous improvement and automating failover where possible to achieve faster recovery and more reliable and highly available CA services.
- Enable seamless switching between the primary and secondary 2N locations to support DR activities and maintenance.
- Enhance and maintain the DR Plan and validate the recovery capabilities through periodic tests.
- Enhance and maintain DR program documentation, including but not limited to a DR Plan and a Business Impact Analysis
- Maintain the CA/CST Redundancy Chart that tracks recovery options for each application, database and service managed by CA/CST.
- Coordinate DR tests across the enterprise and document results.
- Coordinate with system owners to ensure DR capabilities are maintained as changes are made to systems and environments.
- Coordinate with owners of new systems to ensure DR requirements are considered and DR plans are made.
- Support system and facility contingency planning, DR, and testing, as needed to support COOP Planning.
- Assist the Government in coordinating with CA COOP teams to ensure the CA/CST DR Plan and program align with Bureau COOP plans and goals.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters
- Two or more years’ experience in planning and executing Disaster Recovery operations
- Experience in developing Business Impact Analysis (BIA), identifying gaps & potential impacts of events to prepare Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) that meet business needs and contractual obligations.
- Proven experience in leading DR exercises, testing, maintenance, and audit program for an organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain a company-wide disaster recovery awareness program and serve as the subject matter expert.
- Ability to lead projects and work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Experience in backup technologies and processes.
- US Citizen with Secret Clearance
- Strong experience and knowledge of DR strategies across various traditional and cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Hyper-V, VMware & others).
- Disaster Recovery certifications are preferred: ABCP, CBCP, MBCP, CBCBP or similar.
- Experience with ITIL and/or ITSM is highly desired.
- Agile knowledge required.
- Project governance certification (PMP, PRINCE2, Agile, etc.) desired.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Experience using MS Project, MS Office, and MS Visio.
- Experience partnering with other project stakeholders to resolve issues and to mitigate project impacts.
- A results-oriented outlook with the ability to prioritize and deliver key initiatives.
- Experience collaborating with others in IT management roles to deliver shared results.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to handle multiple concurrent priorities.
Applicants who are selected for employment will be required to verify authorization to work in the United States.
TLinked LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $99,000.00 to $126,775.00 /year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org